- The WWVFC is a 100% all volunteer fire department. Our members go through the same training as career firefighters.
- Our members are highly motivated individuals who must balance family life and full time jobs.
- We protect over 27,000 local residents.
- Station 43 responds to over 500 calls per year including structure fires and motor vehicle accidents.
- Our volunteers are “on duty” 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We participate in many community events including: Operation Santa, the township Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Tree lighting, parades and many other events.
Incorporated in 1921, located in Mercer County New Jersey, the West Windsor Fire Co. provides fire protection for West Windsor Township as well as surrounding townships through various mutual aid agreements. We respond to fires, motor vehicle accidents, hazardous materials incidents, and many other emergencies that occur within the community. We are a combination department made up of about 35 active volunteers and we have 2 career firefighters that help staff the station during the week. They are employees of West Windsor Emergency Services that are cross trained as firefighters, EMT's, haz-mat technicians, and fire inspectors.
While the bulk of the equipment and vehicles utilized by the fire company are owned by the township, the building and property located at 153 South Mill Rd. are owned and maintained solely by the West Windsor Fire Company. We also furnish any additional equipment not provided by the township as well as pay for training and other necessities. This is a rather expensive operation to maintain, and could never function without the donations and support from the community.
As stated above, our primary membership is made up of volunteers. The majority are firefighters, however we have many associate members and life members that play a vital role in administrative and support positions within the fire company. While our members do not receive any compensation for their work, they do receive free training and can participate in the LOSAP (Length of Service Awards Program) volunteer pension program. Without our dedicated volunteers, the company would cease to exist, and the taxpayers would be faced with an expensive burden to replace our free services.
How Can You Help Us?
Make a donation!
Our Mascot Sparky!