2017 Firehouse Chili Challenge
West Windsor Volunteer Fire Company, Station 43, is pleased to invite you to our 2017 Firehouse Chili Challenge!
Volunteer and paid fire companies from Mercer County will compete for best Firehouse Chili.
Vote for your favorite!
Two awards: People's Choice award, Guest Judge's award.
Open house, stop by, hang out, enjoy!
- WHEN: March 19, 2017 from 3PM to 6PM.
- WHERE: 153 South Mill Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550.
- COST: $5.00 per person (adults & children).
- Tickets available at the door, or online via PayPal (see below).
- Hot dogs available for guests/children.
- Fire Prevention coloring books, plastic helmets, badges for children.
- Fire apparatus demonstrations and tours.
- Apparel for sale.
This is the second year we are hosting the Mercer County Firehouse Chili Challenge.
Our 2016 Guest Judge's winner was our very own Lt. Joe Burns from West Windsor Volunteer Fire Co. (Station 43).
The People's choice winner went to Chief Tony Mangone and Assnt Chief Brian Doel of Princeton Junction Volunteer Fire Co.
But the real winners were everyone that showed up and tasted a variety of incredible firehouse chili!
This is the fourth year we are celebrating an end to a chilly winter with a Chili Day!
Prior to the County Chili Challenge we hosted a smaller in-town Chili Cook-Off where our supreme champion Chili Chef Lt. Joe Burns (WWVFC) prevailed.
We are looking forward to another fun day of Chili tasting and friendly competition with our County Fire Companies.
Announcing our invited Guest Judges who will decide our 2017 Chili Champion! (NOTE: There are two champions, Guest Judge's Choice and People's Choice)
- Scott Lee, Village Pantry Deli, 1720 Old Trenton Rd, West Windsor, NJ 08550
- West Windsor Police Lt. Robert Garofalo
- West Windsor Township Council Member, Ayesha Hamilton
- WPST Guest DJ (to be annouced on event day)
- Ajani Malik, Snap Fitness, 2025 Old Trenton Rd, West Windsor, NJ 08550
- Maybe you! If you want to be a Judge at our Chili Challenge contact email@example.com!
Announcing our 2017 Participating Chefs from Mercer County's finest Fire and EMS services!
- Station 43, West Windsor Vol. Fire Co. #1, Lt. Joe Burns (defending champion!)
- Station 44, Princeton Junction Vol. Fire Co, Deputy Chief Anthony Mangone
- Station 60, Princeton Fire Department, Lt. Patrick Shields
- Station 48, Cranbury Fire Department, Chief Michael Kervan
- Station 12, Mercerville Fire Company, Austin Fountain
- Station 49, Plainsboro Fire Company, Lt. Jerry Byrnes with Paul Licata
- Maybe you! If you want to be a Chef at our Chili Challenge contact firstname.lastname@example.org! We are only accepting Mercer County or surrounding area Fire Companies at this time.
Special thanks to our event sponsor, Ajani Malik, Snap Fitness, located in town at 2025 Old Trenton Rd, West Windsor, NJ 08550.
Our volunteer fire company mainly survives by donations from the residents and businesses of West Windsor Township.
And the support we receive from local businesses like Snap Fitness is invaluable and shows how important they are to our residents and township.
Snap Fitness is dedicated to changing lives through a results-driven culture in each of their locations.
They offer members no contracts, high-quality workout equipment, and 24/7 access to all of our clubs worldwide.
With Snap Fitness, they provide you with more than a membership – you’ll have everything you need to get results you want.
Visit the Snap Fitness Facebook Page for more info.
Start your fitness journey, sign up today!
If you want to be an event sponsor contact email@example.com. Sponsorship includes links on our web site, Facebook, Twitter, and a table at our event to display your services and/or products.
Congrats to our winners!
- Guest Judges winner: West Windsor, Station 43, Lt. Joe Burns, 3rd year defending champion!
- People's choice winner: Princeton Junction, Station 44, Chief Tony Mangone, and Assistant Chief Brian Doel
The competition will be Judged by the following guest judges:
- Lt. Robert Garofalo, West Windsor Police Department
- Scott Lee, Corner Deli, West Windsor
- Debbie Gray, Texas Road House
- Chris Rollins, DJ, WPST
These are our distinguished Chefs preparing the chili for the event. More chefs will be listed as the date approaches.
- West Windsor - Joe Burns (Station 43)
- Hightstown Fire Department - Joe Zullo (Station 41)
- Princeton Junction - Chief Mangone, Brian Doel (Station 44)
- Mercerville - Austin Fountain (Station 12)
- Princeton Fire Department - Joseph Mudry (Station 60)
- Cranbury Fire Department - Mike Kurven (Station 48)
Our friends from Texas Road House will be bringing a bunch of great stuff!
- 200 free appetizer cards
- 200 fresh baked rolls with Cinnamon butter & regular whipped butter
- 100 Home Town Hero's cards (only for emerg. services)
- 250 coins: Each coin is 1 free kids meal
Flyers and Forms
Purchase Tickets Online
You can purchase tickets online using PayPal.
- Click the "Donate" button below
- Use PayPal to complete your transaction
- Enter a quantity, $5.00 per person
- Be sure to print your receipt for entry
- Enjoy the Chili!